- Single-user Desktop Thesaurus/Taxonomy Construction Software
- Lists of Software Compiled by Others
- Reviews of Thesaurus Software
Single-user Desktop Thesaurus/Taxonomy Construction Software
These tools aid in the manual creation of thesauri, according to published standards, ISO 2788, BS 8732, and ANSI/NISO Z39.19. As hierarchical taxonomies do have as strict requirements as thesauri, these tools are also suitable for creating taxonomies.
- MultiTes Pro - from
Multisystems (Miami, Florida)
Single-user price: US$295
- Cognatrix (for Macintosh only) - from LGOSystems (Australia), US$499
- Protégé - a free, open source ontology editor and knowledge-base framework supported by the National Library of Medicine
- Term Tree 2000
- from This to That Pty. Ltd. t/a A.C.S. Active Classification Solutions
Singe-user price: AU$800 (approximately US$700)
- Thesaurus Master
- from DataHarmony by Access Innovations, Inc.
Single user price: US$3,000
- The W32 - from Timothy Craven, freeware
Lists of Software Compiled by Others
- American Society for Indexing: Thesaurus management software
- Fachhochschule Köln: Thesaurus management software
- Willpower Information: Software for building and editing thesauri
Reviews of Thesaurus Software
- Comparative evaluation of thesaurus creation software. By Heather Hedden in The Indexer, Vol. 26, No. 21, June 2008.
- Thesaurus Construction Software Parts 1 and 2, By Glenda Brown. First published in Online Currents - Vol 19 Issues 3-4, Apr-May 2004
- Taxonomy Trifecta, By Timothy Godfrey. Web site reviewing three thesaurus products.